The Economist released a report on « Social Networking », considering the evolution of usage, business models and privacy issues. This is a good introduction, a bit technicist Wired-wise some time but with its welcome wit as well.
– A world of connections.
– Why social networks have grown so fast.
– Twitter’s transmitters.
– Profiting from social networks.
– Small businesses and social networks.
– Yammering away at the office.
– Social contracts.
– Privacy 2.0.
– The future of social networking.
– Sources and acknowledgments.
What is social actually ? Were the previous features non-social, anti-social ?